Tuesday 6 November 2012

Wishes

There are so many things in life that I want to try - to feel the rushing of the wind as I fly out of a plane with a parachute, to feel the rain on my face as I lie on a bullock cart with hay beneath me, to be able to swim further than I have ever before, to be loved by those around me and be able to call that one place my home... 
I want to shout out to the world that I am ready for you, ready for anything that you throw at me. I am ready for any more of the pain that you might want to channel my way. I want to tell the world that I am not as feeble as I look, that I will grit my teeth and do all I can and more. That I will never give up, never will I stop dreaming and never, till my last breath, stop living.
I want just these simple things in life, but the expectations of a teenager would not make enough of a dent in the iron rod of History, so why bother with giving them even a moments' notice? But then again, a wish is a desire of a simple heart not yet accustomed to the ways of the world.




Red Silhouette 

No comments:

Post a Comment